WV State Certified Technician
Ascent Consulting & Engineering, LLC is looking to add new team members to our growing firm located in Bridgeport, West Virginia. Ascent offers a broad range of services including consulting, engineering, environmental, surveying and construction services. Offering a diverse and exciting work environment, Ascent also provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, and various employee perks. Ascent is an EEO Employer.
Summary of Position:
As a WV state certified technician, you will perform field and/or laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g., soils, aggregates, concrete, and asphalt). Other inspection services will include environmental compliance and E&S inspections. You will be expected to communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, client representative, contractor’s representative and others as applicable parties. Communication regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results should be reported. You will also transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis. Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports. Maintain and clean equipment, vehicles, work areas and adhere to safety standards. This position will be full-time and will include travel and potential overnights stays.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to read construction plans.
- Performs testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g., soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and others) as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures.
- Perform site inspections for environmental compliance.
- Provide clear documentation of findings and results.
- Perform basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Maintains equipment and calibration.
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects.
- Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- One or more WVDOH State Certifications – such as soil aggregates, asphalt, concrete or others.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with ability to safely operate a vehicle.
- Performing basic computer functions.
- Ability to work in all types of outdoor environments.
- Work long hours, weekends and shift work if needed.
Ascent Consulting & Engineering, LLC is always looking for top talent to join our growing team! If you would like to submit your resume for our team to review please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.